High School Students


All high school paperwork can be submitted electronically via email to: cuyamaca.admissions@gcccd.edu . Due to technology constraints, and a high volume of inquiries, paperwork may not be processed immediately. We will do our best to respond as quickly as possible to emailed inquiries, however, please give at least 24 hours before checking back in. To meet with a counselor for course assistance in the concurrent/dual enrollment program please schedule an appointment online.


Concurrent Enrollment

The Grossmont/Cuyamaca Community College District will provide opportunities for students to enroll in college courses at Cuyamaca College while they are currently enrolled in high school. Permission from the high school administrator and parental approval must be obtained prior to registering for classes every term.


Benefits of taking college courses while in high school:

  • You can take college courses, and get college credit, virtually free! All Enrollment fees are waived for California resident high school students!
  • The college credits you earn may help you fulfill both high school diploma and college certificate or degree requirements
  • Because you can take college courses throughout all four years of high school, you have the ability to graduate from college much earlier, saving you quite a substantial amount of money on tuition in the long run.  In some instances, students can even earn enough college credit that they graduate from high school having earned an associate degree!
  • It gives you the opportunity to take a class not otherwise offered at your high school.
  • It improves your chances of getting into the College/University of your choice once you graduate.
  • It may improve your chances of qualifying for college scholarships.
  • Beyond the subject matter itself, taking college courses exposes you to the environment of a college class. It gives you an opportunity to get comfortable with the setting, rigor, and expectations of higher education, altogether preparing you for an easier transition out of high school.

Eligibility of Students


To be eligible for concurrent enrollment, students:

  • Must be currently enrolled in high school. 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th graders are welcome.
  • Must be determined by the high school principal or counselor to have the ability to benefit from "advanced scholastic or vocational work."
  • Must have written parental/ guardian approval (per the high school authorization form) prior to registering for classes.

General Rules Regarding College Enrollment

  • High school students will be held to the same academic and conduct standards as any other college student enrolled in a college class.
  • Access to specific courses may be limited by space availability and/or course prerequisites. (See the college catalog and class schedule for specific prerequisite information.)
  • If a course requires a prerequisite, students must clear that requirement with proof of satisfactory completion of said prerequisite at the Cuyamaca College Counseling Office, here.
  • Concurrent enrollment students may register for courses in any modality- (in-person, online, hybrid), but are limited to a total of 11 units per term (8 for summer session).
  • State law places a limit on the number of high school students who may enroll in Exercise Science classes, so please be mindful of this before trying to enroll.
  • All classes taken at Cuyamaca College are for college credit. Enrollment in this program will establish a permanent college record. Please be aware that all grades received, and/ or excessive drops have implications for future academic and eligibility status- including financial aid, athletics, etc. 
  • Courses taken for college credit may be used to meet high school graduation requirements; however, this determination is made solely by the high school.
  • High school students will need to provide transportation to and from the college, purchase a parking permit (if needed) and the required textbooks and supplies for the college course(s).
  • Due to state and federal regulations, high school students taking concurrent enrollment courses with Cuyamaca College are treated like all other college students.  All college information is governed by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) which allows the release of academic information, including grades, to the student only - regardless of age.  Therefore, parents will not have the right to access or discuss educational records without the student present or without written consent or court order. For more information about FERPA in higher education, please visit here.

Procedures for Enrollment


Plan Ahead! Students should begin the process for concurrent enrollment as early as possible!


To enroll in college as a high school student, please follow these procedures, in order:


  1. Apply for Admission to Cuyamaca College. The application can be found on the Cuyamaca College homepage here. Applications take 24 hours to process, before the student will be active. Students will remain active until they miss two consecutive terms. If this occurs, students will have to reapply using the same application account initially created. Feel free to access our Application Instruction Flyer for additional reference.
    •   Applications submitted to Grossmont College are also acceptable, as we share one joint application system.                
  2. Fill out and sign the High School/College Credit Enrollment Authorization Form available at the college Admissions and Records Office, or online, here .                        
  3. Obtain your parent or legal guardian's signature on the High School/College Credit Enrollment Authorization Form.                                                                                            
  4. Meet with your high school counselor to:
    • Discuss what courses to take at the college.
    • Determine whether courses will also be eligible for high school credit.
    • Obtain their signed permission, via the required High School Authorization Form.   
    • While in the remote environment, if counselor signature is not possible, please have the high school counselor email written permission directly to the Specialist in lieu of a signature.
  5. Submit the High School/College Credit Enrollment Authorization Form to the Cuyamaca College Admissions and Records Office. Incomplete forms will not be processed. Please email all forms directly to cuyamaca.admissions@gcccd.edu for clearance.                                                                    
  6. If you are a home schooled student, you must also provide a copy of the Affidavit for Homeschooling, filed with the CA Department of Education at the time of submitting the Authorization Form. These affidavits are good for up to one year. Any subsequent enrollment after this one year period will require an updated copy.  
  7. Once cleared by Admissions and Records, students may log into the student Webadvisor/Self-Service portal to register for classes. If you need assistance with registration, please view our video tutorials, or view our Step-By-Step Guide.  In addition, please feel free to look through our Next Steps Flyer for High School Students.     
  8. Important note:  If you plan to take a math or english course with us, you must first complete the math and english placement questionnaire on your webadvisor main menu. It can be found on the bottom left hand side of the menu screen, under "Step 2." This is a very quick, 7-question process, that will give you immediate results on what levels of Math or English you may enroll into.          


  • Enrollment fees ($46/unit) are waived for California resident high school students. However, high school students are responsible for paying all miscellaneous mandatory fees, which include: the Health Fee, Student Center Fee, and Student Representation Fee. This amounts to around $30 or less per term, and should be paid at the time of registration.
  • Parking Permits and Student Benefit Cards are optional for all students.  However, parking permits are required and enforced when parking on the Cuyamaca College campus.
  • California residents may be eligible for fee waivers, but federal financial aid grants are not available to high school students. 

Course Attendance

  • You must be present for the first class meeting or instructors may drop you. In addition, they may drop you for excessive absences. However, it is always the student's responsibility to drop courses before published deadlines, if you no longer plan to attend. 
  • Instructors are not required to drop students for non-attendance. 
  • Semester length and short term classes have different deadlines.  These can be found on the Cuyamaca College Website here. Be sure to click on the appropriate semester on the left hand side of the page and then scroll down until you find the linked academic calendar and short term deadline dates.

Things to Remember 

  • English and mathematics placement is required for students taking English and mathematics courses at the college, regardless of levels taken at the high school. 
  • College counseling/advising services are provided to students through the Counseling Office
  • If students require additional accommodations, Cuyamaca College provides DSPS (Disabled Students Programs and Services), tutoring, and other support services.  Please inquire further for more information. 
  • Once officially enrolled, an active course will be available to students via Canvas, (the college learning management system), after 24 hours.
  • If you wish to continue your concurrent enrollment into the next college semester, you must complete a new High School/College Credit Enrollment Authorization form each term. A new Application for Admission is not required unless you remain inactive for two consecutive main semesters (fall and spring).
  • If you are using  college course to fulfill high school requirements, an official college transcript should be requested by the student and sent to the high school for graduation evaluation. The transcript order link can be found on your webadvisor main menu. Spring semester classes typically end in early June; therefore, grades may not be available until mid-June. Please consider this fact when making plans for high school graduation.

After High School

If you enrolled in the concurrent enrollment program, or applied to the college while in high school, you are eligible to continue your enrollment at Cuyamaca College once you graduate. Please notify the Admissions and Records Office of your graduation so that your records can be updated. 

  • Our system will require proof of graduation before you will be able to register as a first time college student. If you are 18 years of age prior to the first day of the semester, a High School Change of Status Form is all that is required. If under 18 prior to the first day of the semester, a High School Change of Status Form along with proof of graduation, or impending graduation, is required. 
  • As a minor, the college is required to verify graduation status as well. Sufficient proof to fulfill this criteria would include: the counselors signature on the bottom of the Change of Status Form, a copy of the High School Diploma, or a high school transcript with a graduation date listed. For more information regarding this policy, please feel free to contact our office.

Dual Enrollment 

For more information about dual enrollment courses-which are specifically college courses being taught on your high school campus- please reach out to cuyamaca.admissions@gcccd.edu.